Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Fact of the Matter

"Well, Drew, I thought I'd tell you in person, so, here it goes. Your aunt and I are getting a divorce." That quote was courtesy of my uncle a few months ago. A bear of a man, and an even larger sized cigarette habit. But for all his flaws, healthwise or otherwise, I have to give him credit. Through 15 years of marriage, I never once heard him yell at his wife. Even though she was deep in debt and reluctant to change the entire time, he let her be herself because they were one, in it together. Or so we all thought. And that's when it all unraveled and the lawyer talk started. So, I guess the point of all of this, is that, while you think you may be doing the right thing for someone, in the end, the right thing can be whats right for you. And thats todays The Fact of the Matter.

No comments: